Monday, July 18, 2011

A Break From The Bells

Decided to take a break from the bells last week, which actually worked well with a hectic week at work. However, in honor of the Tour de France, I blew the dust off my road bike and did 3 early morning rides with some friends last week. I continue to be amazed how the kettlebells keep my cardiovascular system in top condition. Now I am not going to lie and tell you my legs were not screaming as we were climbing hills, but my aerobic conditioning and my ability to quickly recover from submaximal efforts was a pleasant surprise. Another shout out to swing interval workouts - simple, short, yet highly effective with huge "real-life" crossover.

Wednesday July 13 - 20 mile bike ride
Friday July 15 - 20 mile bike ride
Sunday July 17 - 20 mile bike ride

Monday Workout
Mobility: First Rib, Thoracic Spine, Pec Minor
Swing(32kg) - 2 handed HS Swings
*20 reps in 30 seconds/15 seconds rest
*15 sets
Mobility: Deep Squat hold, Couch stretch, Calves

No comments: