Sunday, August 21, 2011

Another Workout

Found myself with a bit of free time today. Was raining and kids events were cancelled so I decided to hit the basement for a workout.

Mobility: 1st Rib, Thoracic Spine, Pec Minor, Supported Wall Squat, Calf
Warm Up: Various(16kg)
Snatch/Jump Rope Combo:
*Snatch(24kg) 16 rpm x 1 minute
*Jump Rope x 1 minute
*12 sets (6R/6L)
Band Split Squat - 10R/10L x 2
Band Dead Lift - 10 x 2
Band Rows 10 x 2

Have really been working on launching my arm off my pelvis during snatches and swings lately. Really seems to shoot the bell overhead without much effort. Hardest part is getting the timing down. My instinct is to rush the backswing and start pulling with my arm. What I need to do is give the backswing time and then start the upswing with my double knee bend and pelvic thrust. Practice......practice......practice

2 comments:

Brad Jones said...

Hey Matt-
I hope that you are having a great summer. Do you feel like you have turned the corner on your shoulder issues?

best,
Brad

MKSchinabeck said...

Yes. Feeling back to myself.