Friday, March 27, 2009

Jerks/Vacation

Squeezed one more workout in prior to leaving for vacation.

Jerk(16kg) 10
Jerk(20kg) 10
Jerk(24kg) 10
Jerk(28kg) @ 6rpm x 6 minutes
Swing(40kg) 20/20
Snatch(32kg) 10/10

Really tried to focus on not letting my shoulders/arms externally rotate on the ascent.  This is going to take some practice, but it makes my lockouts much more solid and there is much less floating of the bells overhead.  This is only going to make my jerks stronger once mastered. 

After my set of swings, I decided to do a few snatches with the 32kg.  It amazes me how light the 32s feel after using the 40kg bell.  I was able to fairly easily snatch the 32.

Going to take a week off from the bells.  Plan to work Z health and body weight exercises while on the beach.  Will really start to focus on mastery of the 28s when I return.

No comments: