Saturday, April 4, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Returned home from a week in Florida tonight.  Had a great time with the family and was nice to be in a warm climate.  This break also provided a nice training break for me.  I had begun to develop a chronic "bursitis" pain over the left hip and this lead to a sore left ankle which developed about 10 days prior to my vacation.  I am guessing this is related to my jerks and most likely has something to do with my rack position.  I need to spend some time trying to figure out what is leading to this pain.  Currently, I am pain free after my week off (both the hip and ankle).  It was nice to see my bells waiting for me in the basement and I decided to put in a short workout tonight:

1 Arm Jerk 2 minutes Right/2 minutes Left @ 16 rpm
Rest 1 minute
Snatch 2 minutes Right/2 minutes Left @ 16 rpm
Rest 1 minute
1 Arm LCCJ 2 minutes Right/2 minutes Left @ 10 rpm

All done with the 24kg. Felt good to get the blood flowing. 

No comments: