Monday, April 13, 2009

Snatches

Home early from work today.  Was able to squeeze in a workout before the kids' bus arrived:

Warm Up
Snatch(16kg) 10/10
Snatch(20kg) 10/10
Snatch(24kg) 12/12
Snatch(28kg) 14 rpm x 7 minutes - 1 hand switch
OAJ(32kg) 10/10 x 2 sets - paused in the overhead position for few seconds each rep

Had to stop about 4 reps short on the right hand because I developed a hot spot on my right hand.  My father brought his Kettlebell Foundation DVD series during his visit.  The compensatory movement DVD is excellent and has only confirmed my tight hip flexor issues.  The good news is that this DVD provides some great stretches to improve this trouble spot.  Hopefully, with a few months of working these stretches I will be able to straighten my legs in my jerk rack.

No comments: