Sunday, April 19, 2009

Snatch Day/40kg OAJ

Had a jerk break through yesterday.  Made a slight change in my technique on the first dip that is consistently allowing me to launch my elbows off my pelvis and the bells are flying upward with ease.  Watching video of the European athletes, I have noticed a slight hyperextension of the lumbar spine during the explosive upward movement after the first dip.  In some of the athletes this is more exaggerated than in others (especially the lighter weight athletes).  I tried this technique by accident, but it is going to make a huge improvement in my jerk numbers.  Today I decided to give the 40kg a shot with my OAJ assistance work.  I had only tried to jerk this monster once before and I could barely manage 3 reps each side.  Today, using my new technique,  the thing was flying overhead and I easily hit 10 reps per side.

Warm Up
Snatch(16kg) 10/10
Snatch(20kg) 15/15
Snatch(24kg) 15/15
Snatch(28kg) 14 rpm x 7 minutes - 1 hand switch
OAJ(40kg) 10/10
OAJ(32kg) 15/15

Snatch set felt better than last week.  I completed the full 7 minutes without much trouble except for the last 2-3 reps per side.  OAJ felt great.  After using the 40kg, the 32kg felt very light. 

No comments: