Thursday, July 15, 2010

Off Day Bike Ride, More Swings Today

Haven't been on my bike for a serious ride in 3 years. Last night I dusted it off and hit the rode with my old cycling group for a nice 40 mile ride. I have been interested to see how my kettlebell conditioning and 30lb weight loss would effect my riding, especially on the climbs. Well, I was pleasantly surprised. I felt like I was one of the better conditioned riders last night and I can't ever remember climbing so well. My only weak point was my leg strength which I blame on not putting in any miles this year on the bike.

Lately, I have begun to think that perhaps the one armed GS swings are continuing to aggrevate my shoulder. Two handed swings don't seem to bother me. For the next few weeks, I will try to stick to 2 handed hardstyle swing intervals for conditioning and see if my shoulder feels any better. I also re-introduced some turkish getups tonight with a 20 yard overhead walk at the half way point of each rep. This allowed me to work my shoulder stabilizers and overhead position.

Warm Up
TGU(16kg) 5 minutes alternating arms each rep with a 20 yard overhead walk each rep
HS Swing(32kg) 20 reps in 30 sec/20 sec rest x 20 sets (400 reps)
Cross Band RBT Jump Squats 15 sec work/30 sec rest x 6 sets

No comments: