Sunday, January 23, 2011

Delayed Saturday Entry

Worked out on Saturday this weekend, but delayed my entry as I wanted to post some video. My shoulder has been feeling its best in a long time. I have now been snatching without any real problems. One arm jerks have also been going well too. Today, I decided to give double jerks a go to see how things felt. I was hoping to do a few short 3 minute sets with the 24kg bells. Initially planned to go at 8 rpm but the bells felt so light and I was just standing around so I picked the rate up to 10 per minute. However, after the first minute, I could start to feel some pain in the left shoulder so I decided to shut it down. No point in hurting myself again, especially since I am so close to being back.

Warm Up: Pec Stretch, Stick Shrug, Face Pull, Scap Pullapart
Indian Clubs: 5 minutes
Snatch(24kg) 8 minutes @ 14 rpm - 1 switch (see video below)
HS Swing(32kg) 20 reps in 30 sec/15 sec rest - 10 sets


I have been playing with Morozov's technique, leaning back on the drop and trying to get the elbow to my waist before the hip hinge. I really like this drop. From the video, it looks like I still have some work to do in order to consistently get my elbow to my hip especially as I fatigue. Just feels good to be snatching again and I look forward to beginning double jerks in the near future.

Looks like I am almost back..............

1 comment:

Boris T said...

Nice video, keep us posted on how the form treats you.