Monday, June 29, 2009

7 Minutes 28kg Jerk

Had to work this past weekend and decided to take an extra day off.  Today, I was ready to go.  However, during my warm up I was playing around with long cycle and during a lapse of concentration smashed the distal tip of my right index finger between the two handles.  The finger isn't looking so hot right now (swollen and black and blue), but it could have been worse.  I am going to take that as a warning that I am not cut out for the long cycle and I will be sticking to the biathlon for the time being.

Warm Up: Rib pulls, shoulder sweep
OAJ(16kg) 10/10
OAJ(20kg) 10/10
Jerk(20kg) 10
OAJ(24kg) 10/10
Jerk(24kg) 8 rpm x 2 minutes
Jerk(28kg) 8 rpm x 7 minutes
Jerk(28kg) 8 rpm x 3 minutes
Swing(40kg) 20/20 x 1 set

7 minute jerk set went ok.   My triceps were the rate limiting factor today, which is new for me.  I was trying to not tilt my pelvis so much in the rack.  Although it helped me keep my knees straighter, it also put more stress on my arms to hold the bells in the rack.  I am not sure this is a good move for me.  I will continue to fine tune my technique to find out what works the best for me.  Still need to pick up two more minutes in the jerk (9 minutes at 8 rpm) over the next 2 months for CMS numbers in the jerk.  Should be doable.

No comments: