Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Its Official: I am WKC Level 1 Ranked!!

Received my notification this morning that I have attained World Kettlebell Club Level 1 Ranking in the biathlon based on my submitted video from a couple of weeks ago.  This is a nice achievement and now allows me to compete with the 28kg bells at the upcoming World Championships in my quest for CMS ranking.  Now I can really focus on my training with the 28s.

Warm Up: SLDL patterning, SLDL RNT
Snatch(16kg) 10/10
Snatch(20kg) 10/10
Snatch(24kg) 10/10
Snatch(28kg) 16 rpm x 6 minutes - 1 hand switch
OAJ(32kg) 10/10

SLDL (20kg) 10/10 x 2 sets

Since I have started working the FMS corrective exercises, my surgically repaired right knee is no longer sore.  I have been using the RNT single leg deadlift to overcome the medial cave of my knee during my squat.  It has really helped.  I am now moving on to single leg dead lift with weight.  My glutes are still getting lit up, but overall I think this is helping my jerks.

Snatches continue to progress.  I think I am ready to bump up to 7 minute sets with the 28kg.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats Matt!

Brad Jones

Alex said...

Grats.

Alexander said...

Congratulations & Grattis!

Unknown said...

Congrats

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, I'm very impresseed with your results and progress, truly inspiring...
Keep it up!

Johan

Howie B said...

Congratulations, Matt. You've been working hard and you deserve it!!

MKSchinabeck said...

Thanks everybody.
Matt

Jon Alford said...

Great job Matt!