Thursday, June 4, 2009

Jerks

Continuing to work my corrective exercises focusing mostly on my ASLR and shoulder mobility.  Also spent some time rolling last night.  This drill really gave me problems at the CK-FMS cert, but I have made some significant improvements in just the past week.

Warm Up - Soft tissue work on left trap and bilateral teres major.  Half kneeling chops. Single leg dead lift patterning and single leg dead lift with 20kg.
OAJ(20kg) 10/10
Jerk(20kg) 10
Jerk(24kg) 8 rpm x 3 minutes
Jerk(28kg) 8 rpm x 4 minutes
Jerk(24kg) 8 rpm x 5 minutes
Swing(40kg) 30/30 x 1 set

Originally was planning to hit 5 minutes with the 28's but just didn't have it today.  Thumb ratchet is really coming along on my swings.  I am finally starting to build the elusive 4th callous.  Will try to squeeze in some thoracic spine mobility tonight and perhaps some more rolling.

No comments: