Friday, January 8, 2010

Friday's Workout

Tough workout scheduled today. A bit sleep deprived, but I was game.
Warm Up
Jerk(2x32kg) 4 minutes @ 8 rpm
Jerk(2x28kg) 5 minutes @ 8 rpm
15 minutes rest
Snatch(28kg) 6 minutes @ L 16/17/13 -----> R 17/17/17

Bagged planned assistance work. Tried 40kg OAJ but just didn't have any energy in the tanks. Tried the planned 40kg swings but hands too tender to make the prescribed reps so just through in the towel.

My 32kg jerks were a bit shaky and I couldn't figure out why I was getting so fatigued. I have made 5 minutes at 6 rpm several times. It wasn't until I put the bells down that I realized that I had been going at 8 rpm instead of the prescribed 6 rpm pace.
Weekend off. Will catch up on some badly needed sleep and play in the snow with the kids.

1 comment:

David said...

"Weekend off. Will catch up on some badly needed sleep and play in the snow with the kids."
There you go. That's what it's all about. Have fun.

BTW, nice work with the 2x32's. I think continued work with them will help you a lot with the 28's.
Take Care,
David