Monday, January 18, 2010

Weekend Kettlebell Clinic and Test Day

Had an extended weekend away from GS. Was a nice break. I went back to my home town in Wisconsin and put on a kettlebell clinic at my old high school for 60 football players and coaches. I was assisted by two RKC friends. Two three hour sessions covering the 6 foundation kettlebell lifts and separate time spent with the coaches discussing how to incorporate kettlebells into their existing strength and conditioning program. Overall, the clinic went very well. It seemed to be well received by both the players and coaches. I can't wait to see how the kettlebells affect the outcome of the 2010 football season.

Today, I had a test day.
Warm Up
Jerk(2x28kg) 7 minutes @ 7 rpm
15 minutes rest
Snatch(28kg) L 15/15/15/12 (3:45) ----> R 15/15/15/9 (3:30)

Felt pretty good about the result. Hands were the rate limiting step. Will keep on pushing.

No comments: