Monday, January 25, 2010

The Good and Bad of Test Day

Another test day......
Comp week.

Warm Up
Jerk(2x28kg) 10 minutes @ 8 rpm
20 minutes rest
Snatch(28kg) L18/18/18/0 ---> R18/18/18/2

Jerks felt very strong. I haven't done a ten minute set since the Atlanta comp, but I think the 32kg work has helped my technique improve. Continued to focus on the first bump and I am noticing that the bells are flying up and are in a much better overhead position. I still had reps in the tank when I finished this set. 80 reps with the 28s is a PR for me.

Snatches on the other hand remain frustrating. I was scheduled to hit a 7 minute set at 18 rpm (63/63). I started strong, was in the zone pounding out the reps, but for whatever reason when the 3 minute mark comes up I have a mental lapse and feel like I need to switch hands or stop even though I am feeling relatively strong. Similar situation on the right arm. I need to work through this mental block to move on. My conditioning continues to improve and I think I have the reps in me......I just need to get it done!!!

No comments: