Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tuesday

Warm Up
Jerk(2x32) 3 minutes @ 6 rpm x 3 sets - 3 minutes rest between each set
Snatch(24kg) L 18/18/18/9 ----> R 18/18/18/9
OAJ(32kg) 20/20
Swing(40kg) 20/20

Jerks went well. However, I am beginning to develop some right knee pain which seems to be related to my jerks. I have an old ACL repair on that side and from time to time it gives me trouble. I think it is likely related to the increased work with the 32kg bells on the jerk. I will try to start working in some more SLDL to see if that helps......it has in the past.

Snatches were a bit of a disappointment. Was supposed to be a 10 minute set at 18 rpm with the 24kg bell. My hands were tender from yesterday and they were the rate limiting step today. No problems from a cardio aspect, but I did come up 3 minutes short in total planned duration. Was also supposed to do 2 sets of 30/30 swings with the 40kg bell, but my hands were just too tender to hold the bell and I called it quits.

No comments: