Monday, January 11, 2010

Monday's Workout

Had several late afternoon comitments today and was thinking I would be putting in another late night workout, however, the planets aligned and I was able to get done with work about 40 minutes before the school bus arrived. This let me crank out my jerk sets, get the kids off the bus, get them started on homework, and then finish my workout prior to running around to various afternoon events.

Warm Up
Jerk(2x32kg) 5 minutes @ 6 rpm
5 minutes rest
Jerk(2x28kg) 5 minutes @ 8 rpm
20 minutes rest
Snatch(28kg) 6 minutes @ L 18/18/17 ---> R 18/18/18
OAJ(40kg) L 8/ R 10
Swing(40kg) 30/30 x 1

Jerks continue to feel strong with the 32's. Doing a second set with the 28's immediately afterwords really tricks the mind.....the 28's actually seem light and I feel quicker. Snatches continue to improve. Still continue to have more difficulty with the finger lock on the left, but overall, I feel like I am headed in the right direction. Set today was a real aerobic killer. My grip felt fine through the entire set. I am beginning to think the posting the CMS snatch numbers is going to become a pure conditioning issue now.

No comments: