Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Snatching Zone - 62/62 28kg Snatch

My hands were feeling much better today. I drained the blood blister on my right pinky yesterday which seemed to help. Coach is slowly increasing my snatch volume to 8 minutes at 16 rpm. Was a bit worried about today, but I just gave it a shot and things went very well. Once again, I was in the zone during the early minutes. Today, I tried to block out all other distractions. During the last minute on each hand I was able to stay calm, focused, and in the zone. I hit 62 reps easily on the left with reps in the tank, the right side was a bit more of struggle with dead snatches during the last 3 reps. Overall, I was very happy. Hands actually feel very good tonight. I did tear the skin off the old blood blister and wasn't aware until after the set that I was bleeding pretty significantly and there was a fair amount of blood splattered around my basement gym. The good news is that it is from a very small tear and I don't think it should effect my snatching tomorrow. I decided to bag the 40kg swing set just to protect the hands for tomorrow.

Warm Up
Jerk(24 x 2) 7 minutes @ 9 rpm
Rest 15 minutes
Snatch(28kg) 8 minutes @ L16/16/15/15 ----> R16/16/15/15
OAJ(40kg) 10/10 x 1
OAJ(32kg) 15/15 x1 @ 8 rpm
Swing(32kg) 40/40 x 1
CC Full Squat 30/30 x 2

No comments: