Tuesday, May 12, 2009

73 Jerks with 24kg in 7 Minutes

Due to the new qualification requirements for the WKC World Championships I thought I would give my Level 1 jerk numbers a try as I will need to have this caught on video and submitted to the WKC before being allowed to compete with the 28kg bells for CMS ranking at the Worlds.  I am planning to video my attempt at Level 1 while at Andrew Durniat's gym on June 6th.  However, I have some traveling coming up over the next two weeks that is going to make training a bit difficult.  First I am heading to my niece's gradation from the Naval Academy and then I will be attending the CK-FMS in Minneapolis.  When I return home, I will have 1 week prior to Andrew's event.

Warm Up
OAJ(20kg) 10/10
Jerk(20kg) 20
Jerk(24kg) 10 rpm x 7 minutes and 15 seconds - 73 reps
Swing(40kg) 20/20 x 1 set

Things went pretty well.  In hindsight, I think I may be better off alternating sets of 10 rpm per minute with 8 rpm per minute.  I will still finish in just over 8 minutes and this may be a better pace for me.  I will give it a test run soon.

No comments: