Monday, May 25, 2009

Hardsyle Refresher

I am heading to the CK-FMS later this week where I also hope to re-certify my RKC.  Since I have been training exclusively GS since November 2008, I decided to give myself a Hardstyle refresher today starting with the snatch test - 100 reps with 24kg in 5 minutes with unlimited hand switches and can put the bell down to rest.  Using HS technique, I was able to fairly easily complete the test in 4:30 using 20L/20R/20L/20R/10L/10R.  I also practiced some HS swings both single and double, double cleans, double squat, and double MP all with 24kg bells.  No major problems to report.

Warm Up
Snatch(16kg) 20/20
Snatch(24kg) 100 reps in 4'30" with unlimited hand switches
Various Hardstyle exercises as listed above
Snatch(24kg) 16 rpm x 6 minutes with 1 hand switch.  Had to stop on the left hand at 2'30" due to hot spot on hand.  Right hand was no problem

Didn't do any OAJ today as I was short on time.  Really focused on the index finger/thumb rachet on my snatch descent during my GS set.  I really need to continue working this technique as my hands still remain my rate limiting step on 28kg snatches.

4 comments:

Renee Yorkievitz, RKC said...

Hey Matt,

Good luck with the re-cert and enjoy CK-FMS!

Renee

MKSchinabeck said...

Thanks Renee. I am looking forward to it.

Jon Alford said...

Nice work Matt! I'm sure you'll smoke the cert part.

Unknown said...

Hey Matt,

What is it like to go back to snatching a DD bell? Are you still able to get your finger ratchet going on that fat handle?

Brad