Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Back To the Grindstone

My back off week has now ended.  I feel like I am now consistently getting my hand deeper into the handle of the bell (web space between thumb and index finger is at the paint line on the handle) and it is making a significant difference in my lockouts.  Much less wobble of the bell overhead.  I am also feeling much more fatigue in my triceps after jerk sets, which is new for me.  I have been having no ulnar nerve compression issues lately and my hands seem to be getting used to the new position in the bell.  I have decided to return to working with the 28kg bells:

Warm Up
Jerk(20kg) 15
Jerk(24kg) 8 rpm x 2 minutes
Jerk(28kg) 8 rpm x 5 minutes
Jerk(24kg) 8 rpm x 5 minutes
Swing(40kg) 20/20 x 2 sets
Pullups 5 x 3 sets

I have committed to attending Andrew Durniat's World Championship qualifying day on Saturday June 6th in Wooster, OH.  I will be able to officially make WKC Rank 1 (73 jerk and 70/70 snatch with 24kg) and it will be recorded on video per the new WKC requirements.  I think I am ok on jerks, but I need to practice a bit more on my snatches to strengthen my grip.  Once I get this out of the way I can really focus on my 28kg training in order to make a run on the CMS numbers in Chicago.

No comments: