Friday, October 23, 2009

Friday's Workout

The influenza pandemic is really beginning to make my life difficult. Started to see the first surge of cases this week in Cleveland and it is making my days very long. Many young healthy people are getting very very sick from this virus. Also saw my first death. After what I saw this week, and what I can only imagine is coming in the next few weeks, I would urge all of you to get vaccinated whenever you get the chance. NO EXCUSES. People are dying and many more will die in the coming weeks from a virus that can be prevented from a simple vaccine!!

Really felt like bagging my workout today after another 11 hour day, but like usual, I was glad I exercised. I not only performed well, but the exercise cleared my mind and allowed me to spend some quality time with the family tonight.

Warm Up: Rib Pull/Arm Sweep/Swing/Snatch/OAJ/Jerk
Jerk(2x28kg) 7 min @ 8 rpm
Snatch(24kg) 8 min @ 18 rpm
OAJ(40kg) 5/5 x 2 sets
Swing(32kg) 30/30

Really enjoyed the 24kg snatch sets this week. Really allowed me to focus on my technique. I am feeling like my snatch "groove" is improving rapidly. Off this weekend. Many family events tomorrow, including taking my first yoga class with my wife. Should be an interesting experience.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Matt,
You will like the yoga. Take care, I wish you luck during this flu season Todd