Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Another Long Snatch Set

Hands and body were actually feeling pretty good today. Not too sore from yesterday's effort. Hands were only mildly tender. That was good, because my coach had another long snatch set on the schedule for today.

Warm Up: Z drills/Rib Pull/Arm Sweep/usual stuff
Jerk(2x28kg) 5 minutes @ 9 rpm
15 minutes rest
Snatch(28kg) attempted 9 minutes: R 16/16/16/16/2 (66) ---> L 16/16/16/8 (56)
Swing(32kg) 40/40 x 2 sets

Tried a couple of new things during the snatch set today. Decided to go without the wrist wraps and also started with my right arm today. I don't think using wraps makes a difference either way. I will likely continue to start with the left arm from now on, as my technique is slightly worse on the left side and this only becomes amplified during the second half of the long set when fatigue sets in. Swings were good today, as they also taxed the grip which can only help strengthen my weakest link.

Next snatch workout, I will really try to focus on using my legs on the ascent in order to decrease the amount of pulling with the arm, and also focus on following the bell with my body during the descent in order to try to eliminate the jerking of bell at the bottom of the descent. Both of these tips should help preserve grip strength and any little bit saved can only help me hit my numbers!

No comments: