Friday, November 6, 2009

Hand Tear

Hit a small bump in the road today. Can't remember the last time I tore my hands from snatching. Usually I just put the bell down when I feel hot spots forming. There is always another day. However, today I only caught the bell wrong 1 or 2 times, felt the pull, but didn't think much of it until I put the bell down and saw the tear. It is pretty superficial, but will likely put a temporary halt on the high volume snatching. Luckily, I have the weekend off to heal. I was scheduled for a 10 minute 28kg snatch set on Monday, but this may have to be postponed for a few days.

Warm Up: Rib Pull/Arm Sweep/Swing/OAJ/Jerk/Snatch
Jerk(2x28kg) 7 minutes @ 9 rpm
14minutes rest
Snatch(24kg) 10 minutes @ L18/18/18/18/16 ---> 18/18/18/18/11
Bailed on OAJ and Swing assistance work today due to hand tear and time constraints

Stopped early on right due to tear. Overall, the snatches felt strong. My hands were a bit tender going into today from Thursday's snatch workout.

Tomorrow, Brad Nelson, Senior RKC, is in town and I am going to pay him a visit for a Master Z Health session to see if he can help me with some aches and pains that are beginning to accumulate.

No comments: