Monday, November 9, 2009

Back To The Grindstone

First of all, my back is still feeling great. Coach prescribed a test day today, but the snatches were made a bit easy due to my recent hand tear last Friday. My hand is actually feeling pretty good so I decided to give it a shot.

Warm Up: Z drills/Rib pull/Arm sweep/Swing/MP/OAJ/Jerk/Snatch
Jerk(2x28kg) 10 minutes @ 7 rpm
15 minute rest
Snatch(28kg) 8 min @ L 14/14/14/11 ----> R 14/14/14/0

Jerks felt strong, back felt pretty good until I set the bells down and then the right SI flared up again. I took a few seconds and did the lateral hip circles with an internally rotated hip and the pain essentially disappeared. I also noted that my feet are less turned out (more neutral position) which I think is going to help with my jerk ascent in the long run.
Snatches went ok. I always find the slower rates difficult due to shoulder fatigue from the required overhead holding that occurs. Stopped a few reps short on the left due to hand hot spot and decided to shut things down on the right after 3 minutes. As I start to fatigue, I find that sometimes I palm the bell which is how I tore the right hand in the first place. No need to risk further trauma to the hand at this point.

No comments: