Thursday, November 5, 2009

New Snatch PR

Had another strong workout today. Have been focusing on giving myself slightly longer rest periods between the money jerk and snatch sets and it seems to be making a difference.

Warm Up: Rib Pull/Arm Sweep/Swing/OAJ/Jerk/Snatch
Jerk(2x28kg) 5 minutes @ 9 rpm
5 minute rest
Jerk(2x28kg) 3 minutes @ 10 rpm
12 minute rest
Snatch(28kg) 8 minutes @ 16 rpm - 64L/64R
OAJ(32kg) 20/20 x 1 set
Swing(32kg) 35/35 x 1 set

Snatch set felt strong until the last 15 seconds on the left (4 reps) and the last 30 seconds (8 reps) on the right when I really suffered from grip fatigue. This is when I loose my back swing and my technique starts to deteriorate. My general conditioning held up very well for this pace, and I was able to remain relaxed for the entire set until the last 20-30 seconds on the right side. My pace also slowed during the last minute on the right and I ended up going 10 seconds extra to fit in the prescribed reps. Overall, I was quite happy with today's performance.

No comments: