Monday, November 23, 2009

Test Day

Had a rough weekend of call, but now I am on vacation. No beeper, no phonecalls, just quality time with the family (and working out). Had a test day on the agenda today.

Warm Up: Z/Rib Pull/Arm Sweep/Swing/MP/OAJ/Jerk/Snatch
Jerk(2x28kg) 10 minutes @ 8/8/8/8/8/8/7/7/7/7 = 76 reps
30 minutes rest
Snatch(28kg) L 15/15/15/15 ----> R 15/15/15/8

Lost the bell on the backswing of the 9th rep of the 4th minute on the right. I think I could have completed the 4th minute for sure. Overall, I was a bit disappointed with my snatch performance today. Seemed to suffer a bit aerobically today. It is amazing the difference one rep per minute can make. I had a completely different snatching experience on Friday at 14 rpm. I am beginning to think that 14 rpm will be my comp pace in Atlanta. Just doesn't give me any wiggle room and I will have to go the full 10 minutes.

Boris Bachman had a great post recently on his blog that really spoke to me as I struggle to hit my CMS snatch numbers:

Does your training challenge your body and your mind,
or does it stroke your ego?

If you never, ever miss,
if you never stumble,
if you never run out of gas,
can you honestly say you gave it your very best?

If you are afraid to be weak,
you will never truly be strong.

Failure is not an option, but mistakes are essential.

No comments: