Wednesday, December 10, 2008

20Kg Jerks

Received my second 20kg comp bell today just in time to start my 20kg jerk progressions. I now have to 20kg comp bells and can finally really start working my technique with the proper bell size.

Double Jerk(16kg) 12 rpm x 3 minutes
Double Jerk(20kg) 8 rpm x 4 minutes
Double Jerk(20kg) 6 rpm x 4 minutes
Double Jerk(20kg) 6 rpm x 4 minutes
Swing(24kg) 40/40 x 2 sets
Bodyweight Pullups 5 reps x 3 sets

With the jerks, I tried wearing a short sleeve shirt, wetting down the front, and putting a bit of chalk on my elbows.  This made a significant difference.  The friction generated by these pointers makes the rack a bit easier.  Also tried to focus on using my legs more and less shoulders.  Especially trying to be sharper with my double dip.  Tried to focus on overhead lockout hand position, instead of palms straight ahead, I am now trying to turn them medially 45 degrees.  This actually feels quite good.  On my swings, I practiced loosening my grip at the apex of swing and then regripping with the "ok" grip.  Also worked a few snatches trying to focus on getting from the overhead lockout into the "ok" grip without dragging the bell over the base of the fingers.  Results were hit and miss.  Obviously, I will need to keep working on this.

No comments: