Saturday, December 13, 2008

Jerk Day

Feeling good today:

Jerk 2 x 16kg: 12 rpm x 2 minutes
Jerk 2 x 20kg: 6 rpm x 6 minutes
Jerk 2 x 20kg: 6 rpm x 4 minutes
Jerk 2 x 20kg: 6 rpm x 2 minutes
Jerk 2 x 16kg: 12 rpm x 8 minutes
Swing(24kg): 15/15

Need to continue to work my rack.  I have been trying to overlap handles in the rack with fingers overlaping.  However, I noticed on my 6 minute 20kg set that my hands became very fatigued from the position.  Tried the remaining sets with overlapping handles but not overlapping fingers. This seemed to work better for me and didn't cause as much hand fatigue.  The ultimate test will be my next long 20kg jerk set.  The 12rpm 16kg set was a good challenge mentally and physically.  I really felt it in the triceps.  The mental aspect was also huge.  I wanted to quit many times, but like the SSST, you eventually get into a rhythm with breathing/pace and the pain peaks and then never gets any worse.  Cut the swings short as my hands are still a bit tender and I want to put together a good snatch workout tomorrow.

No comments: