Monday, December 8, 2008

20Kg Snatches with Video

Received some nice feedback concerning my jerk technique.....thanks guys!  I can use all of the help possible.  Today I turned to snatches.  Came across a great GS snatch medley today with many of the great European competitors:




It is nice to see all of the different twists on the snatch.  This is definately an excellent clip for study.  
My workout went as follows:

Snatch(20kg) 16 RPM x 8 minutes - 1 hand switch
OAJ(24kg) 10 RPM x 6 minutes - 1 hand switch
OAJ(24kg) 12 RPM x 4 minutes - 1 hand switch
COC "T" 5/5 x 3
COC "1" 3/3 x 3 - last rep was a 5 second hold

Z I Phase: foot/ankle/knee




Above is the video clip of my snatch set.  Try to ignore my litte guys running around in various stages of undress.  Still need to work on my descents.  Now that I am using the corkscrew I have to relearn how to catch the bell in my hook as well as use the OK grip.  Although my hands feel better than my last snatch workout I am still feeling some tenderness, especially on my 5th finger.

No comments: