Friday, December 26, 2008

Jerks with a Guest

My father is in town for the holidays so he joined me for some jerks today:

Jerk(16kg) 15/15 - warm up
Jerk(20kg) 8 rpm x 7 minutes 
Jerk(24kg) 6 rmp x 4 minutes
Swing(32kg) 15/15 x 2 sets

Kept things a bit on the lighter side today as my father and I have an appointment with Andrew Durniat tomorrow morning.  I am looking forward to getting some specific questions answered concerning rack position and snatch descent work.  Also looking forward to any pointers that will improve my technique.  Overall, my jerks are feeling stronger and crisper.  I am having less trouble with the rack, and am getting better resting/relaxing in the rack position.  Soon I will have to start devoting all of my time to the 24s so I can prepare for the Arnold Kettlebell Classic.  I hope to go the full 10 minutes on jerks at 6 to 8 rpm.

No comments: