Monday, December 29, 2008

Jerk WOD

Getting close to completing my 20kg progressions with both jerks and snatches.  In about 10 days I should be ready to move on to the 24kg and really start preparing for the Arnold.  I have decided to shoot for the Level IV ranking in the biathlon.  I will need 251 combined reps (jerk + snatch) if I remain above 90kg (198lbs).  If I can loose four pounds prior to the comp I will only need 227 combined reps.  Either way, I think this goal is attainable.

Today's workout:

Jerk(16kg) Warm Up - 12 rpm x 90 seconds
Jerk(20kg) 10 rpm x 6 minutes
Jerk(24kg) 6 rpm x 4 minutes
Jerk(24kg) 8 rpm x 2 minutes
Swing(32kg) 30/30 x 2 sets
Bodyweight Pullups 5 reps x 3 sets

My rack is feeling stronger.  I am having less hand fatigue.  I am now overlapping my handles which is making a big difference.

2 comments:

Jon Alford said...

You need to drop those 4 lbs!
Hey, about the grippers, my sis ordered a 1.5 and the shipping invoice and the package both said 1.5 U.S. but the gripper has a "1" on the end of the handle. Which is it? 1 or 1.5? I need to know which one to order next. This one is a challenge but I can close it. I set my watch to beep on the hour and that's my cue to squeeze.

MKSchinabeck said...

I only own a "T" and "1" I would assume the 1.5 would say that on the handle, but I don't know for sure. You should contact IronMind and see what they say, maybe they made a mistake. The "T" is easy for me and I use as warm up - 3 sets of 10/10. I use the "1" for work sets - several sets of 3/3 with overcrushes or negatives on the last set. From what I have read, you should only be working grip 2-3 x per week because it can lead to problems like tendonitis if you overtrain.