Friday, December 5, 2008

20kg Snatch Day

My first day to play with my new 20kg and 24kg comp bells.  Started my session chalking up the handles.  This is quite a messy proposition even if you try to be neat.  Warmed up with some halos and light presses then cranked it out:

Snatch(20kg) 16 rpm x 6 minutes - 1 hand switch
Half Snatch(24kg) 12 rpm x 6 minutes - switched hands every minute
Snatch(20kg) 16 rpm x 4 minutes - 1 hand switch
OAJ(24kg) 8 rpm x 6 minutes - hand change at 2,4,5,6 minute marks

Z I-phase foot/ankle/knee

My hands are quite tender tonight.  I am trying to figure out the corkscrew descent and getting my hand into the hook grip.  Some reps I was successful but most I was not and now my paws are aching.  No tears, just tender.  Also noticed that during my OAJ that I had to change hands after 2 minutes because I was developing pain over my ulnar eminence.  Not sure why.  Probably something to do with how I am holding the bell.  Off day tomorrow.  Sunday, I may try to shoot some video of my jerks for some analysis of my technique.

No comments: