Saturday, February 21, 2009

162 Snatches in 9 Minutes

Pushed the snatches today.  Decided to go for 9 minutes (4.5 minutes each hand).  Things went very well.  I felt strong today.  My grip didn't suffer and my form held together for the entire time.  I think I could have done the extra 30 seconds on each arm to complete the full 10 minutes or 180 reps.  Whether or not I can do this several hours after a big jerk effort is yet to be seen.

Snatch(16kg) 15/15
Snatch(20kg) 12/12
Snatch(24kg) 18 rpm x 9 minutes - 1 hand switch - Total 162 reps
OAJ(32kg) 15/15 x 1 set

My hands really were not an issue today.  I have started to just heavily chalk my fingers only and keep my palms free of chalk.  This seems to work the best for me at this point.  My 1 arm jerks continue to get stronger.  15 reps is becoming much easier these days.

No comments: