Monday, February 2, 2009

PR Jerk

I continue to work my jerk progressions.  Giving up on the false grip, and returning to open hands which allows them to easily overlap the handles in the rack has helped me tremendously.  My hands/wrists/forearms are much less fatigued.  I also really started to pay attention to the path of the bells heading for the lockout.  I tend to push wide and then have to correct and bring my arms closer to my head at lockout.  This is clearly a waste of energy.  Today, I focused on keeping my arms and bells close to my ears all the way up.  This really felt good.  Now I just need to groove this path so it is the norm.  I also noticed that on my drop my elbows tend to be too lateral.  Focusing on dropping my elbows to my belly button helps me keep my elbows in tight and allows me to benefit from resting my arms on my pelvis.  This also translates to a stronger bump off the pelvis during the launch of the jerk.

Jerk(16kg) 15
Jerk(20kg) 10
Jerk(24kg) 8 rpm x 8 minutes - 64 reps
Jerk(24kg) 12 rpm x 2 minutes
Swing(32kg) 20/20 x 1
Pushups 15 x 3 sets

No comments: