Friday, February 20, 2009

91 Jerks in 10 minutes

Well rested today after sacking out at 9:00 PM last night.  Decided to give my updated Arnold goal of 90 jerks a try today.

Jerk(16kg) 15
Jerk(20kg) 12
Jerk(24kg) 10 rpm alternating with 8 rpm x 10 minutes - last minute pulled off 9 reps - total 91
Swing(32kg) 20/20 x 1

Felt good.  Last minute was true gut check.  I actually like the alternating rep scheme.  I am not sure I can pull off 10 minutes at 10 rpm yet.  The longest I have gone is 7 minutes at 10 rpm.  At that point I started to fall apart.  Legs burning.  Panic breathing.  By alternating 10 rpm x 1 minute with 8 rpm x 1 minute I am actually able to stay relaxed.  I was able to rest in the rack on the 8 rpm sets and get control of my breathing.  I figure if I am feeling good on the last minute I can pound out a few extra reps.

Weight this morning - 197.7    I have started watching my portion size with meals.  I am hoping this is enough to get myself consistently under 198.

Just placed my order for a second 32kg comp bell.  If I am able to hit Level IV classification at the Arnold I will have to start working the 32kg for jerks and snatches to keep progressing in the WKC classification scheme

2 comments:

Alexander said...

Nice! Ten minutes with 24s is no joke!

MKSchinabeck said...

Thanks Alexander