Monday, June 16, 2008

5 Minute SSST

Had another brutal weekend call and did not manage to workout at all, however, this did give my left shoulder a bit of rest.  My last Grind day (with the 32kg) flared up my left biceps tendon insertion into my shoulder.  I am feeling much better today.  For the past several weeks I have been working toward the 5 minute SSST with a goal of 100 reps with the 24kg.  I had been working sets of 10L/10R with a progressively shorter rest period.  Today was the day for the full 5 minute test:

24kg 5 minute SSST - 102 reps (PR)
24kg 2 Handed Swing Tabata Protocol - score 14

My snatches went very well.  Used the hook grip with hardstyle technique and my hands feel great.  My conditioning prep was good, heartrate not too high.  Probably could have gone longer or at a faster pace.  Felt it the most in my grip by the end.  Need to keep working my grip strength with farmer's walks and hook grip pullups.  Will also work on perfecting the hook grip with the corkscrew descent which may help preserve the grip.  Overall I was happy with the effort.  Now time to work to the next goal....... 24kg 10 minute SSST for 200 reps.

3 comments:

papatom said...

Great work Matt. I'm very impressed.

papatom

Unknown said...

Sweet!!!!! The SSST will be no problem for you.

Todd

MKSchinabeck said...

Thanks guys