Friday, June 20, 2008

Overhead Squats

Grind day today.  My lats are very sore today, I suspect from the pullups and pushups yesterday.

24kg Windmill/Overhead Squat 5L/5R
24kg MP 5L/5R

5 sets of the above circuit.

I am surprised how much better my overhead squats have become since I started working on my shoulder mobility.  I am able to keep the bell overhead, arm close to the ear, and make it to rock bottom on the squat.  Couldn't do this last summer.  I might have to give the sots press another try soon.

Day off tomorrow.  Plan to start toward my next goal of 200 reps in the 10 minute SSST.  Will use Dave Whitley's program again.....10 sets of 10L/10R with 50 seconds rest between sets this week.  Each week thereafter will decrease the rest period by 10 seconds until I get to test day.

No comments: