Thursday, June 19, 2008

KBA Workout of the Day

Saw Pam MacElree's workout of the day and thought I would give it a try:

40 seconds on, 20 seconds rest

Snatch L
Snatch R
Push Up
LCCJ L
LCCJ R
Pull Up
H2H Swing
Goblet Squat

Only made 3 rounds - 24 minutes continuous work.

Finished with double 24kg overhead walks - 30 sec on/30 sec off.  These were quite difficult.

Used a stretch band to aid in the pullups as 40 seconds straight is more than I can do at this point.  Even with the band it was still very difficult.  Used the corkscrew descent with the hook grip on the snatches.  Went well.  I also really like the LCCJ.  Great full body workout.  Also allows me to continue to work on my hook grip descents from the rack instead of the overhead position which is a bit easier.

After dinner tonight, while putting away the kids' toys, my 32kg was calling......"snatch me, snatch me".   I proceeded to do 5 half snatches on both the left and right side without difficulty.  I will need to work these into my routine.

No comments: