Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sunday in the Park

Strapped my 24kg and 12kg kettlebells in my bicycle bugger and headed off with my boys for the 4 mile ride to the park to meet Todd Pigram for some kettlebell fun.  I last saw Todd this winter, training in full winter gear in his garage at a whopping 20 degrees Fahrenheit.   What a difference a few months makes....sunny and mid 70's today.  As I pulled up to the park, we both did a double take, as Todd and I have had significant changes in our physiques over the past several months thanks to kettlebells alone.  After catching up on our training, Todd pulled out his two 32kg bells and we headed to the beach volleyball courts to play.

Today was a Grind day for me:

24kg MP 10L/10R
Double 32kg Front Squat x 5 reps
Double 32kg Renagade Rows 5L/5R

Did 3 sets of the above circuit.

Also did a set of 32kg snatches 5L/5R after seeing Todd throw the 32's around like they were 16's.

Did more work on my juggling skills with the 12kg.   Almost perfected the behind the back flip today.
Finished up by playing some touch football with the boys before packing up the kettlebells and heading back to the bike trail for our 4 mile return trip home.

2 comments:

Franz Snideman said...

The double 32kg work is impressive!

Keep it up!

MKSchinabeck said...

Hey Franz, thanks for checking out my blog and for the encourgement.