Monday, July 13, 2009

Late Night Snatches

Training over the next two weeks is going to be a struggle.  Work colleagues are vacationing meaning late days at work, mixed with various evening commitments and family obligations will push my training later into the evenings.  This is not my favorite time to exercise, but I don't have any other choice.  Got started around 9:45PM tonight.  Still feeling strong so decided to give 8 minutes of snatches a try:

Warm Up: Rib Pull/Arm Sweep
Snatch(16kg) 10/10
Snatch(20kg) 10/10
Snatch(24kg) 10/10
Snatch(28kg) 16 rpm x 8 minutes - 1 hand switch
OAJ(32kg) 11/11
SLDL(20kg) 10/10

Snatches went pretty well until the last 30 seconds on each hand.  I stopped 1 rep short on the left and 4 reps short on the right secondary to hot spots on the hands.  It is not worth damaging my hands at this point.  I think I need to drop back down to 7 minute sets until I own it a bit more.  I still have plenty of time.

No comments: