Thursday, January 1, 2009

8 Minute Jerk Set

Football games sucked today.....what a bummer.  This is supposed to be the biggest college football day of the year, according to the University presidents and the BCS.  In truth, the match ups were poor and the games even worse.  When will they stick a fork in the BCS and move on to a playoff system.  It seems to work fine for Divsions 1-AA, II, and III.

Continued to push the 20kg jerk progressions today:

Jerk(16kg) 20 reps
Jerk(20kg) 10 rpm x 8 minutes
Jerk(24kg) 6 rpm x 4 minutes
Swing(32kg) 40/40 x 1 set
Renegade Row(24kg) 10/10 x 3 sets

My jerks continue to progress.  My rack is feeling good. I am really able to relax between reps.  Did begin to feel it in my triceps by the final few minutes.  My hands/wrists held up fine.  The 24kg jerks also felt good.  Sometimes I think 6 rpm is more difficult than 10 rpm.  Sitting in the rack for what seems like forever between reps becomes mentally challenging as the sets get longer.

No comments: