Thursday, January 22, 2009

Jerks 8 rpm

My wrists and forearms are still a bit fatigued from my 10 minute set on Monday, but it is time to start working on the 8 rpm jerks.

Jerk(16kg) 10
Jerk(20kg) 10
Jerk(24kg) 8 rpm x 5 minutes
Jerk(24kg) 8 rpm x 3 minutes
Jerk(20kg) 8 rpm x 2 minutes
Swing(32kg) 30/30 x 1
Renegade Row(24kg) 10/10 x 2 sets

My forearms/wrists really fatigued on my first 5 minute set.  I tried a second 5 minute set, but only could make it 3 minutes.  At that point I dropped the 24s and continued the last 2 minutes with the 20kg bells.  Also played around with my rack hand position, but am still struggling with finding the "right" position for me.  The position that will cause the least suffering and allow me to complete that 10 minute jerk set.  I think continuing to work the longer sets will only strengthen my wrists/forearms and hopefully help me move past this sticking point.  Took it easy on the swings tonight as my left hand is still a bit tender from my big snatch day on Tuesday.  Did a bit of minor surgery yesterday in the office and drained the large blood blister underneath one of my callouses.  Things feel much better since then.  Not sure what kind of snatch workout I will be able to put together tomorrow.

No comments: