Monday, January 26, 2009

Different Rack Positions

Feeling better today.  Decided to hit the bells after work.  Today is a jerk day.  Played around with the lighter weights while warming up.  In particular, I tried various hand positions in the rack ranging from Fedorenko's double false grip with no handle overlap to Denisov's 1 hand in the false grip with the bells overlapped and the other hand over the handles.  Bottom line, I still need to figure this out as I am quickly learning that my rate limiting step in the jerks is wrist/forearm fatigue from the rack.  Denisov's style is the most comfortable for me with the 20kg, but once I hit the 24's I could only continue this technique for 3-4 minutes of my 6 minute set.  Practice, Practice, practice......

Jerk(16kg) 10
Jerk(20kg) 10
Jerk(24kg) 8 rpm x 6 minutes
Jerk(24kg) 10 rpm x 3 minutes
Swing(32kg) 30/30 x 2 sets
Bodyweight Pullups 5 x 3 sets




Around the 3 minute mark the camera angle changes to a front view where you can really see his rack grip.  His left hand remains in the false grip while the right hand overlaps the left.  In the overhead lockout, he keeps his left hand in the false grip and his right hand remains open. This was very comfortable for me with the lighter weights.  I think I just need to keep working with this style.  Time will tell.

No comments: