Thursday, April 22, 2010

Jerk Drop Sets

My hand is feeling significantly better, but I think i am going to avoid snatches for the rest of the week to see if I can completely heal this issue. Had a crazy day at work and limited time to work out tonight, but I made the best of things. Coach had me do some drop set jerks which were quite challenging.

Warm Up
Jerk(2x28kg) 3 min @ 10 rpm
3 min @ 9 rpm
3 min @ 8 rpm
Swing(32kg) 45/45 x 1 (no rest between hands)
Bulgarian Split Squat 15/15 x 1

Rested 3 minutes between jerk sets.

3 comments:

Jakeheke said...

So ,you start do new things?
In variable method is many different kind drop-sets.
They works very well!

MKSchinabeck said...

Jake,
At this point I just do what the coach sends me. She has mixed things up in the past. Had me doing shorter jerk sets with increased pace with both the 28s and 32s. I thought there was pretty good carry over to the long comp sets. In fact, after a short cycle of this style of workout, I hit my competition PR with 83 jerks with the 28kg in Toledo, OH back in January.

John Harshman said...

Matt,

who is your coach? I hope your hand feels better soon.