Friday, April 30, 2010

Friday's Workout

Warm Up
Jerk(2x28kg) 7 minutes @ 7 rpm
15 minutes Rest
Snatch(28kg) 8 minutes @ L16/15/15/15 ----> R16/15/15/15
Swing(40kg) 30/30
BSS(2x16kg) 10/10

Really trying to focus on the legs during my snatch. Trying to consistently shift my pelvis forward during the second bend so I can explode with the legs and try to minimize the pull with my hand. On my left side, I was able to focus on my legs and the bell was moving effortlessly, I did the full 4 minutes with relative ease and almost no grip fatigue. Could of easily extended the reps on the left. On the right side, I noticed my concentration started to lag (likely due to increasing fatigue). I seemed to start pulling more with the hand instead of using my legs and I noticed significantly more grip fatigue. The last 3 reps were pure dead snatches. Had to cut the programmed 40/40 swings down to 30/30 due to shear grip fatigue.

No comments: