Saturday, October 11, 2008

Light RoP Day

Fit in a quick workout during a busy family day:

24kg new TGU x 5 min
32kg C&P 5(1,2)
Bodyweight Pullups 5(1,2)
24kg Windmill 5R/5L x 3 sets
32kg Goblet Squat 5 x 3 sets
32kg Snatch 5R/5L

Used the hollow position on my pullups today.  I really think it makes a significant difference, particularly during the final third of the movement.  I also showed my almost 8 year old son how to get into the hollow position and he made significant improvement in his pullup performance.  He did multiple sets of 2 reps and hit a PR of 3 reps on his last set. 

I haven't played around with snatching the 32kg very much, but today I thought I would give it a try.  I did one set of 5R/5L without much trouble.  My right arm technique is clearly better.  On my right side I was able to catch the bell on the downswing with my gluts and hammies and had very little hand stress.  The left side was a different story.....I had more trouble catching the downswing with my legs and felt more stress on the hands.  I will have to start incorporating more 32kg snatches into my routine.  I was amazed how light these made the 24kg feel on my windmills!!!

Z: hips,pelvis

Wife workout:
8kg C&P 5(1,2)

No comments: