Sunday, October 26, 2008

NEW PR VO2 MAX for the NEW GYM

In classic fashion, I worked all weekend to complete my basement workout space.....just in time since they are forecasting our first snow this week!!!!  Poured my third layer of self leveling concrete Friday night.  Cut and layed my rubber flooring on Saturday.  Needed to cut a few inches off several doors in the room to accommodate the new floor.  Today, gave the room a fresh coat of paint.  Finished around 6PM tonight just in time to watch the Browns pull off a nice victory.  The room is now functional, but still I need one more mat to cover a small remaining piece of floor.  I will try to post some pictures of the finished room in a few days.

Tonight, after the kids were in bed, I christened the new room with a personal record in the VO2 Max:

16kg VO2 Max 15:15 (8 reps) x 80 sets

My first goal has been reached!
Heart rate at completion of the 80 sets was 180 bpm.  The last 10 sets were tough, but it feels good to hit my first goal for this cycle.

5 comments:

Nikki Shlosser said...

Congratulations!!

Unknown said...

Way to go!

MKSchinabeck said...

Thanks

Jordan Vezina said...

Great work Matt. It helps to have a space that is your own. Now you just have to name it.

Renee Yorkievitz, RKC said...

Whoa! Nice Matt! You are a machine!