Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Light RoP

I have been developing some left shoulder/scapular muscle tightness related to my pressing lately.  I think it just has to do with the shear volume.  After my last medium and heavy days, I was quite sore, but some myofascial self release made a big improvement just in time for my next insult.  No problems with snatching.  I decided to take it a bit easy today because of the shoulder and the low level viral illness roaming through my family.  I am the last one standing, but not feeling 100% today:

24kg MP 2(1,2,3) kneeling in tightrope position
          MP 3(1,2) kneeling with both knees on ground
Bodyweight pullups 2(1,2,3) and 3(1,2)

Z: Lumbar and Thoracic Spine

My shoulder wasn't aggravated with today's workout.  Hopefully by Friday I can get back on the RoP train.  Primed my workout room floor in preparation for the self leveling compound I will pour tomorrow.  If all goes well, I will wrestle the mats into place and be working out in the new room by this weekend.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey man, be careful with your shoulder. Same one that was injured last year, correct? If you need help with the mats, just let me know.

Keep up the great work!

Jon Alford said...

That 24kg feels good doesn't it? I just did a variety day and totally enjoyed it. Take care of that shoulder.

Aaron Friday said...

Kettlebells are off-center weights, which is one reason they're so good for cultivating willful tension. But using them involves risks, too, and especially for presses. I tweaked my right shoulder long-term by training presses for volume with the 32. Never had an issue with a barbell.